It’s been quite a while since the last update and a LOT has happened.
- We have a bumper crop of tomatoes on the way, the flowers are in full bloom and we have just harvested our carrots!
- We forgot to harvest a few things and they are now sporting flowers and attracting lots of pollinating insects – which is great for the bees.
- We FINALLY got the water butt installed on the roof – just in time for the dry stretch!
- We have moved to a telepathy based watering rota, which is so far working very well. We all appear at the window at the same time with jugs of water.
- The weather in general! Although the recent blast of hot weather has helped things come along nicely.
- We had to relocate our greenery from one end of the roof to the other due to Air Conditioning units being installed on the roof – but it all looks much better in one place down the end now 🙂
- The basil plants were pretty much decimated by moths and caterpillars!
- The lavender hasn’t ever really recovered from being blown about the roof in the earlier part of the year.
- We lost a few of the smaller tom plants to the hot weather