Lots happened this week. Including…. our first radish!! 🙂 Tomato seedlings brought in and put outside just in time for the hottest day of the year so far. Strong winds and strong sunshine meant the first handful of test plants were battered by the wind and bleached (even scorched!) by the sun – see the before and after photos below. Fresh-picked mint tea helped soften the blow, but the rest of the plants will need to be ‘hardened off‘ so they don’t fall victim to the same fate.
Rain, rain, rain.
Not much was done for a few weeks whilst it rained (and rained…), so just let the plants get on with it.
Things were growing well by 2nd week!
Tomatoes, peppers, sunflowers and various herbs 🙂
Here’s a few photos just to show the barren landscape of the roof terrace before we started the project. We hope to have a lush green container garden full of veg by the summer! These are from the first week.
We’ve set up this blog to keep track of the roof terrace garden. It’s our effort to grow veg in containers on our London roof terrace with the express aim of having food to use for our next summer barbecue!!
We’ll be posting regular updates and photos to document it’s success (or failure!)!!